Testing some new pellets in my eco 65

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Zaptear

Nov 8, 2018
USA Vermont
My last pellet I did not like now I’m trying tractor supply in Vermont
8deb99f276e411c79888c16f7cb50adb.jpg

d9b099003e6ea4e9e841cb4693397c3b.jpg

Thy seem like smaller pellets then the last I used this is my 1st time ever used a pellet stove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You live in Vermont why not use the best pellet that comes from your own state. Vermont wood pellets.

I recently bought a ton of those TSC pellets and a ton of Appalachian from Agway.

The TSC pellets create a ash dust storm in the stove very quickly and I would say put out heat on a scale of 7 out 10.
The Appalachian pellets barely create any ash and are 10/10 in heat. <==A much superior pellet

In four days there is 6" of ash in my pot using TSC pellets.
In four days there is 1" of ash in my pot using Appalachian pellets.

Now you may wonder why I got TSC pellets? Despite their ashy nature and lower burning temp, they work best in my stove when temps are 30 degrees or higher. When it is below 30, they struggle to keep the house warm and that is when I switch to Appalachian pellets. I cannot burn Appalachian in temps above 30 or else the stove gets near 100 degrees.

This is with a Serenity stove on setting one in manual mode.

So if you need an above average burning pellet, like cleaning out ash often, and not being able to see your fire then get these Tractor Supply pellets.

Last edited:
I just ordered a ton of Vermont soft wood pellets will be here today I hope they are as good as I read

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro