Thank you..Former Lurker TL200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1kzwoman

Minister of Fire
Dec 27, 2013
West near Yellowstone
I wanted to say thanks to all forum members for their help correcting problems with my TL 200 afterburner.
I am a former lurker I joined after your help pointed me in the right direction.
My stove (8 years old) manual said nothing about disassembly, or clean out of afterburner. New stove manuals do I notice.
I found broken welds (cast to steel) in afterburner hood weldment. Got that fixed with help of a local welder as ceramic liner was in good condition.
I cleaned stove, then called service man from installer to double check me and replace load door and window gaskets.
He looked at me and said stoves clean..whatdo you want me to do..when he saw it. I laughed and told him to clean and replace gaskets

Reactions: fox9988
I wanted to say thanks to all forum members for their help correcting problems with my TL 200 afterburner.
I am a former lurker I joined after your help pointed me in the right direction.
My stove (8 years old) manual said nothing about disassembly, or clean out of afterburner. New stove manuals do I notice.
I found broken welds (cast to steel) in afterburner hood weldment. Got that fixed with help of a local welder as ceramic liner was in good condition.
I cleaned stove, then called service man from installer to double check me and replace load door and window gaskets.
He looked at me and said stoves clean..whatdo you want me to do..when he saw it. I laughed and told him to clean and replace gaskets

Needless to say I have a new stove!
I am still learning burn techniques for this stove from you. So keep suggestion coming.
Front build fires have helped keep afterburner draft path clear...duh I know.

Is that a Harmon? How long of a burn do you get with it?

Yes it's Harman. I burn dry (standing beetle kill, cut split,stacked covered 1yr min) pine.

I get about 8-10 hrs on an 8 stick armload onto coal bed. Average daily burn one stacked wheelbarrow of wood. Temp range -10 to 30 outside.
My stove likes smaller hotter fires I'm learning. House is well insulated

I can easily add a bit of less dry wood and has coals at 14 hours

May I suggest not doing that. The only reason it will extend burn times is because it takes longer to burn off the water in the wood. If it extends your burn by a couple of hours, that tells me that it is harboring quite a bit of water. Wet wood is a scourge to EPA stoves (all stoves, really) and could end up creating creosote.

Just say "No" to wet wood.;)

And welcome to the forum.

Reactions: gyrfalcon
Yup I agree with you on dry wood. But the question was asked about burn times, not quality. Just because you can doesn't mean you should...ceasote on glass is a bad sign.
Thank you for sound advise.

PS: Thank you for your service..saw your ride..semper fi

Reactions: Jags
Status
Not open for further replies.