the warmest heating season ever recorded.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't found the weather channel to be that accurate for local numbers. My mother used to call and say, brrr you are cold and wet today. I'd look out and see it warm and sunny. Try using www.wunderground.com for your zip code and compare.

I haven't found the weather channel to be that accurate for local numbers. My mother used to call and say, brrr you are cold and wet today. I'd look out and see it warm and sunny. Try using www.wunderground.com for your zip code and compare.

Okay, then we can take the wunderground weather details that gives me 74.9 degrees. Less than 1 degree above the expected average.

Well there you go. Maybe Bucks is bucking the trend. ;)

Once again, several of you are comparing apples and oranges. Average temperature is NOT average high temperature. NOAAs numbers say 2012 average May temperature was 66F, normal average is about 61.5F. TWC and NOAA could easily both be right if we had warmer nights. Feel free to provide any references that contradict. Remember, statistically half of all readings will, and are supposed to be, above average. A day, or month, or year, or even a decade above average doesn't prove a thing.

This is not a climate change conspiracy thread. Yet.

TE

Okay, then we can take the wunderground weather details that gives me 74.9 degrees. Less than 1 degree above the expected average.

Can you show where you got those one WU? I can't see where they provide normal high for May. I see that they say average high for May 2012 was 74F, overall average temperature was 63F. On the daily pages, they say normals are only calculated on average since 1995. NOAA uses more than a hundred years of data for normal temperatures. Apples and Oranges.

TE

I went out back and checked the official numbers. Last winter was .93 cord warmer than average.

WHen you use Half the fuel you normally use to heat your home (as i did last winter) and you kept it at the same temp, something is up. Keeping track since 2002. Used about half or slightly over the amount of fuel used for the last ten years. Dont need the national weather service to tell me it was an unusually or perhaps a recordbreaking warm winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.