Thelin stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmith

Minister of Fire
Sep 13, 2009
Kutztown, PA
I am looking at possibly purchasing a small 2nd stove for my second floor. I was wondering if anybody has the Thelin Gnome or Parlour stoves. Are they good stoves and do they put out decent heat? Also anyone know what they cost?

I have the Parlour and am on my third winter using it. The only problem I have had is that I had to replace the ignitor last month. I was not surprised because I run the stove on a thermostat so the ignitor gets a lot of use. I am heating a 1200sf ranch with it and when using good pellets I can keep the house near 70 degrees on low and high 70's on medium if I keep it running off of the stat. With the stat I can keep the house at any temperature I like, and we keep it much warmer on the stove than we did with the oil monster in basement and I generally use about 3 tons per winter. The stove was not cheap, as I recall it was around $4000.

Heating a 2000+ sq foot Victorian with a Thelin Parlour..... 10 foot ceilings and all..... ran the stove on medium while we slept... It was 32 outside when I got up.... It was 81 on the first floor... 2nd floor was about 70...... Why did I wait so long to get one of these ????? Chimney Doctor in Belvidere, NJ has one in the window (gnome)..... Looks nice....

what?? no more Jay?? we used to sell the Thelin (many moons ago) and Jay was great. He would answer the phones and everything, always willing to help. It just wont be the same.

Delta-T said:
what?? no more Jay?? we used to sell the Thelin (many moons ago) and Jay was great. He would answer the phones and everything, always willing to help. It just wont be the same.

yeah, he is/was a good guy. and i always root for the home town team (they were made 5 miles from here in Grass Valley) the old Thelin/Thompson wood stoves sure were nice!

JAY was a great guy for thelin, the new owners dont know the product as well, but are somewhat helpful, just wonder how long this company will continue.. JAY had a good thing going.

Status
Not open for further replies.