Thelin Thompson Gnome ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jwpat40984

Mar 15, 2018
California
Hi all. New to the forum here. Can anyone ID this stove?

I'd love any information you might have, such as when it may have been made, model name/number any manuals, etc. A neighbor said they might be interested in purchasing this. Any idea what it might be worth?

Attachments

• DSC_0052.JPG
    DSC_0052.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 1,489
  • DSC_0053.JPG
    DSC_0053.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 581
Given that it has glass instead of mica for the windows I would guess it is from the 70's or early 80s but that's just a guess, no more. Is there a UL testing label on the back of the stove? If yes that should have more identifying info.

This stove is an older model. The Thelin has evolved to be EPA compliant with the T-4000. If there is a UL tag it should help determine the year.
I'm guessing it's something between the T-1000 and the T-2000. Here's a ad for the 1980 Thelin T-2000.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/wiki/thelin-and-thelin-thompson-stoves/

Last edited:
Hi all. New to the forum here. Can anyone ID this stove?

I'd love any information you might have, such as when it may have been made, model name/number any manuals, etc. A neighbor said they might be interested in purchasing this. Any idea what it might be worth?
Did you end up selling this stove?