Thermguard

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nh1234

Hearth Supporter
Dec 12, 2010
Southern NH
Bought a "Thermguard" after recommendations from this site..GREAT little device..Thanks guy's and gal's for the info.
Works great.

I got my Thermguard today in the mail, ordered it late Saturday night. I purchased just one unit and plan to use a 4PDT relay to turn on all 3 of my zones together. I may use the fourth position on the relay to keep the boiler from firing and just use the unit to circulate the water in the zones, not sure yet. Also plan on wiring it to a thermostat mounted to the concrete basement wall to turn on the Thermguard when the temps drop out side making it fully automated.

nh1234 said:
Bought a "Thermguard" after recommendations from this site..GREAT little device..Thanks guy's and gal's for the info.
Works great.

Yep, it is a very nice little unit that does exactly what it advertises.......and the peace of mind it gives is priceless.

What is a thermoguard ??

Just ordered two Thermgaurd units. One for the basement and one for second floor.
One of my kids turned up the pellet stove thermostat to 74 on Sunday night and two forced hot water heating zones never opened during the -10 temps. Long story short. I spent 14 hours Monday replacing five 4ft sections of burst heating element. I had a hell of a time sweating pipes because of all the ice in the line. When I finally finished replacing all the heating elements, I still had to chase all the frozen sections of pipe with hair driers (burnt out two hair driers during the process). Got everything up and running around 1:30 AM on Tuesday. Never again!!! As I said in the begining....Two $70.00 Thermgaurds on order.

FordMastertech said:
I got my Thermguard today in the mail, ordered it late Saturday night. I purchased just one unit and plan to use a 4PDT relay to turn on all 3 of my zones together. I may use the fourth position on the relay to keep the boiler from firing and just use the unit to circulate the water in the zones, not sure yet. Also plan on wiring it to a thermostat mounted to the concrete basement wall to turn on the Thermguard when the temps drop out side making it fully automated.

Good for you FordMasterTech. I have some schematics showing just type of connection if you are interested. It sounds like you have matters well in hand!

Status
Not open for further replies.