Thermocouple probe Sensors to measure furnace temps

Sean Trost

Jul 17, 2013
Dear Lottawood,
The K type thermocouple are more than adequate for measuring wood fired boilers/furnaces.
I would suggest getting a thermocouple well. Basically a stainless hollow tube with a mounting nut that the thermocouple resides in.
An arduino and nextion screen are an awesome and easy combination to work with to gather and display data and run your control program.
My system has been in operation this year and I currently monitor 3 temperatures. I am going to build boiler 2.0 this summer and finalize lessons learned.

Holler if I can help.

Ps the boiler is cooling down as the 3500 unpressurized tank is at 175f.