Thermostat control on 1997 breckwell p24

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nhyrum

Dec 6, 2016
loc
Hello kind folk.

I've been trying to get my stove to work with a thermostat, really since I noticed it had one last year (already had one installed when we moved in). Since last year, I've learned a lot about the stove.

I've got the analog control board, with no switch or button for thermostat control. On the back though, there is a spot for thermostat wires, No switch on the back, but, there are two sets of pins with shunts/jumpers. One set, by the thermostat connection, has 4 pins, another, on the other end of the board, has 3 pins. I can't seem to find the right "combination" to get to to work with the thermostat. I've recently bought a new thermostat, that is a millivolt thermostat, although it's not a "heat only" thermostat.

I've attached files of what my control board looks like, both front and back, and the page out of the 97/98 breckwell manual, where it talks about thermostat control. Other books, for the same stove, with a different analog board, tell you which pins to put the shunt on (my pins don't match at all with that particular board/manual)

Attachments

• 20191102_135101.jpg
    20191102_135101.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 251
  • 20191102_135631.jpg
    20191102_135631.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 262
  • Screenshot_20191102-140143_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191102-140143_Chrome.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 250
I can’t enlarge the manual pg large enough to read it but you may not have the original board to that stove. If you do get the stat to work the stove will only do high/ low mode. No on /off

I've got the control panel pictured in the book. What's annoying about this book though, is it doesn't say where the jumpers need to be

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I've got the control panel pictured in the book. What's annoying about this book though, is it doesn't say where the jumpers need to be

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Have you tried removing the jumper that is on the pins that the t-stat connection connects to? Usually you remove the jumper as they are just making a closed circuit. Once the t-stat is installed it will open and close the circuit as needed.

Follow the wires from the back where the t-stat hooks, follow those wires to the board and remove the jumper and see what happens.

Reactions: Ssyko