Cobalt Posted By Cobalt, Feb 12, 2018 at 10:53 AM

1. Cobalt

Cobalt
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 18, 2015
    Loc:
    Nevada
    I was hoping I could go the rest of the year and not need to post but no such luck. Stove has been working great but this morning it did not turn on. First thing i check is the thermostat and that seems to be the issue. It is stuck on 6:09 pm last night and there are a few tiny dots all over the screen. Yesterday around that time our power went off for 5 seconds and then came back on. Not sure if it was that exact time or not but close to but not 100 percent sure. Ive unplugged and replugged. Is there a battery in there and if so how does that cover some off? Thanks.

2. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    What thermostat? What stove?

3. Cobalt

Cobalt
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 18, 2015
    Loc:
    Nevada

Sorry, I forgot to include. It's a MT. Vernon Quadrafire.

l3Le37X.jpg

4. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Id get a new one that looks like it has some cross feed in the display

5. kappel15

kappel15
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 14, 2014
    Loc:
    Iowa
    Try pulling face off wall control. Wait 45 seconds and reinstall it. You don't have to unplug stove for this. This should reboot it if that is all it needs. kap

6. kappel15

kappel15
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 14, 2014
    Loc:
    Iowa
    Do you have your stove plugged into a surge protector? kap

7. Cobalt

Cobalt
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 18, 2015
    Loc:
    Nevada
    I do not and like I say this occurred close to when the power went off for one second and then came back on again.

Does the whole unit come off the wall and just face and exactly how does it come off? Thanks.

EDIT: It does have a surge protector. It's a one outlet protector. This time I removed it from the wall and the surge protector and plugged it back in and it lit right up and is fine now. Thanks!

8. kappel15

kappel15
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 14, 2014
    Loc:
    Iowa
    Glad it is fixed. For future reference, the front snaps on and off. You can see the joint all the way around on the edges. Just carefully pry it off backing. kap