Thermostat Settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoerBoelAmari

Oct 24, 2012
I have had my pellet stove set to high/low since installing a thermostat on it a few months ago. With the temperatures getting into the mid 40's during the day and the low 30's at night I have considered changing the stove setting back to the on/off setting. What does everyone here do? Does anyone make a change? If so, when do you typically do it?

Today it is around 40 degrees and the stove has been shut off all day because I cleaned it earlier. The house never dipped below 68 w/o any other heat source.

What is the opinion of the community? I do not want to prematurely burn out my ignitor.

i switch to auto/off when using hi/ low over shoots the temp setting , which is usually when daytime temps go over 35* . if its cold at nite it'll be hi/lo and then in the morning i'll switch it to auto/off .

When daytime temps stay consistently stay in the mid-upper 40's, then I go back to on-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.