Thermostat wiring ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mogs

Apr 15, 2017
Bucks county,Pa.
bought a quadrafire 1200i this past year which has a simple Luxor psm30sa thermostat. I picked up a lux1500 to replace it and also to add my central a/c. The a/c is 3 wires green/fan yellow/a/c red/power which looks like that will be the same on the 1500. My question is for the 2 stove wires one should go to W/heat and the other ??? Also should I use the jumper from rc/rh ??? Thanks for any and all help. Mogs

Welcome to the forum! Sorry I can't help you with the tstat wiring but be patient...

Hello
Simple
Install jumper from RC to RH if not there already
Then connect one wire from stove T-Stat terminal to W (White) and the other to RH (Red Heat)

See diagram below

If you want more convenience get the Lowe's Iris Hub and T-Stat then download the free app to your smart phone and control it with that! Same wire hookup too. :)

Attachments

• IMG_9558.PNG
    IMG_9558.PNG
    82.6 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: kappel15 and Mogs
Hello
Simple
Then connect one wire from stove T-Stat terminal to W (White) and the other to RH (Red Heat)

See diagram below

If you want more convenience get the Lowe's Iris Hub and T-Stat then download the free app to your smart phone and control it with that! Same wire hookup too. :)
T

Hello
Simple

See diagram below

Won't that mix the control voltage from the A/C and the stove?

As long as the control voltage from the a/c and stove are both 24 volts, you shouldn't have to hook up the stove red power supply to the thermostat. The stat will be energized from the a/c system. I'd start with rc &rh jumpered. You won't blow anything up. The a/c has a control voltage fuse on the circuit board. The stove should also but I'm not familiar with it

As long as the control voltage from the a/c and stove are both 24 volts, you shouldn't have to hook up the stove red power supply to the thermostat. The stat will be energized from the a/c system. I'd start with rc &rh jumpered. You won't blow anything up. The a/c has a control voltage fuse on the circuit board. The stove should also but I'm not familiar with it

When you jumper R and RH you take the voltage from the A/C control transformer and use it thru the thermostat contacts to the W to energize a heat circuit . If you also hook up the control circuit from the stove to R I don't know what would happen but I sure wouldn't bet my control box on it. The stove only requires a dry contact to operate.