Thinking raelly really hard about extending me chimney need advice.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corey21

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 28, 2010
Soutwest VA
Current chimney is 12 foot 4 foot is single wall the rest is triple wall. The main reason i am considering this to prevent smoke spillage this year second is for a performance boost. I will probably purchase a 4 foot peace along with a roof bracket kit. Does this sound like good idea and is it possible?

Thank you.

I think it should work out fine. 12' is alittle short, and you will certainly see an increase in draft. You will probably need those telescoping poles as braces. Post pics if your setup if u can

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Tapatalk 2

I will try to get some pics tomorrow posted.

Trying to get a link from a brace kit i looked at on northern tool my internet is really slow right now.

+1 on the dealer. They will be able to steer you in the right direction, as well as many folk here. Be well

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Tapatalk 2

WellSeasoned thank you for the advice it may be a few weeks before i do this i will report back when it is complete.

Last year I added 3' to my 12' chimney. It made a world of difference. You'll be pleased.

After this morning i may hold off on extending the chimney

Status
Not open for further replies.