Thinset

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TheIndian

Jan 11, 2018
Long Island
Hi All...my project not done yet but almost (famous last words). Just about ready to tile up hearth. Does anyone know if using Custom Building Products ProLite thinset can handle the temperatures in this area of the hearth...see where I am pointing to in picture...its about a 2inch border where tile will overlap the gas fireplace. Custom Building Products told me on phone that ProLite is good for temperatures up to 190F. Your shared experience appreciated.
E097A776-19B2-4720-9A35-09FDE9D260E4.jpeg
C85F250A-7209-45CD-8C89-E3E578C90306.jpeg

Hi All...my project not done yet but almost (famous last words). Just about ready to tile up hearth. Does anyone know if using Custom Building Products ProLite thinset can handle the temperatures in this area of the hearth...see where I am pointing to in picture...its about a 2inch border where tile will overlap the gas fireplace. Custom Building Products told me on phone that ProLite is good for temperatures up to 190F. Your shared experience appreciated.
View attachment 285045View attachment 285046
The install manual for your fireplace will have a section titled "Finishing requirements". This section should have all the info that you need.

The Installation Manual says nothing about the thinset I mention in my original post. Am hoping to get some feedback from those who have had experience with the ProLite Thinset.