This is the day the woodburning gods hath made

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 3, 2007
Finally! The baby woke us up this morning around 5:30 so I got up, made the coffee, let the dog out, etc...and felt a pleasant chill in the air (it was downright hot and humid earlier this week!). Before my first cup I unloaded a bed full of oak splits from my dad's house. After a little family time the plan is for some yard cleanup, wood stacking, starting my splitter engine swap, and hopefully later a nice hike with baby girl and dog in tow to see the start of the fall color show. It's a good day to be alive...

Nice.

Still waiting for Fall to show up here. Not quite colorful/ crisp yet. Already 73 in the house.

Enjoy the family. My kids are 19 and 15, but my 15 yr old son wants an upstate family bicycling outing. Who am I to argue?
Now to plan it!

Gabe

Fod01 said:
Nice.

Still waiting for Fall to show up here. Not quite colorful/ crisp yet. Already 73 in the house.

Enjoy the family. My kids are 19 and 15, but my 15 yr old son wants an upstate family bicycling outing. Who am I to argue?
Now to plan it!

Gabe

It's coming-I'm not all that far from you (Northwest NJ), but the elevation and distance from the ocean makes a difference. I live at about 600' and 60 miles as the crow flies from the coast. I work at 100' and about 30 miles from the coast. The leaves up by my house are just starting to show hints of yellow and auburn (the big ash in the back is actually dropping leaves) while the leaves near my job are still green as can be.

I'm not that far from NW NJ as the crow flies and just reloaded the stove :coolsmirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.