This just in: Paula Deen caught eating a hamburger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
billb3 said:
All the little pathetic told-you-so nazi health nuts that latch onto every new health fad that comes along with no lives and self esteem are having orgasms because she liked cookijng rich food and took two years to admit she had diabetes , come to terms with it and make some changes.
Like all of a sudden she's supposed to stop cooking and eating great food and start proselytizing eating nothing but cardboard.

cardboard with a few pats of butter slathered on there is pretty tasty. ;-P

A bigger story would be Paula Deen caught eating a small salad with no dressing.

Paula would be more of a person to eat one of those Heart Attack Burgers and having them soak it in butter.

Battenkiller said:
Adios Pantalones said:
Titan ale is a perfect solvent for the fried hamburger, which I assume makes it low calorie and good for you.

I have too much respect for you as a chemist to doubt what you claim.

Now... should I fill the fryer with lard or must I use that dreadful canola oil?

Olive Oil (extra virgin) is quite good,but it dont have as high of smoke point as canola & others,its best for shallow sauteeing/frying.

Though at least 1/2 the time I'll use it on popcorn instead of melted butter - 2-3 tablespoons stirred & mixed well,then add a few shakes of coarse garlic powder & dried Italian herbs.Shake again & enjoy.Its awesome if I do say so myself. :coolgrin:

i think the big question is "is she caught daily" eating a big ol greasy cheeseburger?

i mean who dont on occasion endulge, ive seen where the first lady has had the occasional burger even though she is working on dropping health foods on the unsuspecting munchkins going to public schools. so what? im not begrudging her that, i do it myself on occasion, the big deal is folks who "subsist" on nothing else. it aint healthy to eat just this kind of food.

i for one do not think nutrition alone is the sole reason for obesity in the population though its is a contributing factor. think those of you who are like me and can remember when entertainment was a ball of some sort. nowadays you just dont see the kids chasing a ball in the yard like you did when i was one of them. now its sit on the couch and work your thumbs watching a tv screen. kids just flat out do not get the exercise they used to , couple that to premade foods and high fructose corn syrup in everything ingested and you have the total recipie for packing on the pounds. i agree with a lot of the ideals that our first lady is championing not all of it but most, i applaud her for her efforts. i really wish the other side of the overweight youth epidemic were equally addressed. get the kids outside and get em running, playing actively instead of "virtually" make em healthy early on and those habits both nutritionally and activity based will stay with them through adulthood with a much larger percentage of people

mayhem said:
I do not know who she is (though her photo looks familiar), nor do I understand why anyone should care that she's eating a cheeseburger...diabetic or otherwise. Its not like she sucked down a couple Hershey bars.

I'm glad that someone asked since I also had no idea of who she was . . . heck I suspect I could walk right by a lot of "stars" on the street if they were alone and wouldn't recognize them.

I know I have ( at least in an airport)
Without all the make-up and air brushing they look like regular old ugly people.

Status
Not open for further replies.