Thought ignitor failed on Mt Vernon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hooter04

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Dec 5, 2010
Upstate NY
So I went to the dealer and picked up a new ignitor, as I had in the past when the stoves wouldn't light.I put the new ignitor in and it still wouldn't light.I call up the dealer,and tell him I think it's the thermocouple or maybe a snapdisc.He tells me it's a fuse in the control box that is blown,and there are 17 connections on the box you have to disconnect first then remove it. After you remove the box,there are 5 screws you take out and open up the box, and there is a 15amp fuse you replace.It's about an hour job from start to finish,as long as you mark the connections or it could take longer hunting around to find which plug goes where.I myself marked every connection on the wires and the corresponding plug so I wouldn't get screwed up.I guess there's a youtube video of it; if you ever come across this problem. BTW I put the old ignitor back in and she still fires after 2 yrs.

Its been a while since I looked at my control box, but I thought it was all molex type connections.

I'm kinda lazy I usually just snap a pic with my cell phone instead of labeling stuff.

Now you got a backup ignitor. ;)

Reactions: hooter04
Its been a while since I looked at my control box, but I thought it was all molex type connections.

I'm kinda lazy I usually just snap a pic with my cell phone instead of labeling stuff.

Now you got a backup ignitor. ;)
Yep sure do have a backup ignitor now.Probably a good thing seeing I have 2 stoves.Think they are molex type connections,as every one is a little different.If I were to take pictures I would be searchin to find the right connector,instead I could put my hand right on the one I'm looking for,thus saving me a little time in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.