Thoughts on a used Husqvarna 350

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaugust124

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Feb 14, 2010
Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
Went to a garage sale the other day and the owner had a 3-4 year old Husky 350 with about 20hrs. on it (So he said). He wanted $300 for it, so I put back on the shelf and didn't try to start it or ask any more about it. I found out that he has not yet sold it.

Anyone have an experience with this saw? I was thinking of offering $200 if it runs good and starts easy.
I'm looking to upgrade from the little 142 I have. I thought this might be a nice step up.

Thanks.

350 is certainly a nice introduction to Husqvarna, especially coming from a 142. $200 ain't horrible for a 350 that looks new and really does have about 20 hrs on it. Bar should be near new and sprocket should have nearly nothing on it for wear. Saw should start and run effortlessly.

I've been running my 350 for the past 8 years or so . . . cutting 4-6 cords of wood for the past three or four years now. Decent saw . . . not the most powerful, but powerful enough to get the job done and not overly hefty. You may want to check the muffler bolts . . . for some reason with some 350s these can loosen up.

You can get on ebay and get the next bigger husky 455 factory refurbished with warranty for $299 I just got one and it looks like it was never used.

I would take a 350 over the 455 any day. If the OP needs a bigger saw than the 350 then the 455 certainly isn't going make a big enough splash to matter.

Reactions: midwestcoast
+1 on the muffler bolts. My uncle bought a used 350 and he can't get the muffler to stay on it.

I got one of them POS 350's I'll sell ya for 75 bucks. I hate mine.

I have one, I got it as a non runner for $50. Replaced the piston and a few other parts, and now it runs well.
In addition to the mufler bolts, the 350 is prone to air leaks, the intake boot has a crappy plastic clamp that doesn't seal well.
Replaced it whth a propper hose clamp. Mine was also leaking where the aluminum cylinder attaches to the plastic case.
$300 is way too much, maybe offer $150.
Better yet buy the one from wazzu.

$300 is definitely too much for this saw . . . $100-$200 would be fair.

I love my 350 and it has run like crazy for the last 5 years. Decent power for the light weight. I run the 18 inch bar and with a good sharp chain it doesn't disappoint me. Mine averages about 5-7 cord a year.

I'm going to have to pull it apart as I'm having leaking issues. No matter what position I leave it in, if there is bar oil in it, it's going to leak it out. If I tip it on it's side to fill up the fuel tank, gas runs out (thinking a vent issue there).

Also, I had the muffler loosening up issue as well. Ended up having to install helicoils last year, since then it's been staying tight.

I agree that if you are interested, you'll need to get it for a better price.

pen

Pen the fuel line on a 350 passes through the tank wall with no grommet. Peek in between the engine frame and the handle/tank frame to see where it goes through. Move it about 1/2" if the fuel leaking stops when you have it tipped on it's side then you should replace the whole line with Tygon of the appropriate size.

Thanks MM

Status
Not open for further replies.