Timberline stove ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DonTee

Minister of Fire
Dec 1, 2021
Upstate NY
I have a Timberline stove that was in my house until I just recently replaced it with a VC Encore. My wife wanted a stove with a window.
Originally it came from the house across from my dad.
The stove is in good shape and I thought I could use it for my barn shop. Was this a copy of a Fisher model, or just something Timberline designed?

Exterior pics are not of my stove, but one that looks the same. Interior is of my stove.

CD00AEE6-8FF7-4D67-9C09-9C89CCA01220.png 0CAFED1A-F816-40BF-8107-DC9AFDD9FBC4.jpeg 9517CA1E-972A-4591-A777-7092E8DEA73C.png

3 timberline single door models.
T18, T24 and T33. (I cant tell from the pic but you can measure it and then you'll know, looks to be a T33 but yet hard for me to tell by looking at a pic) The numbers stand for the length of log it can use. Not exactly a Fisher copy.... but yet kinda.
Timberline was owned by calvin cotton who was a former fabricator for fisher.
coaly will chime in and hopefully give more info...

Sorry for not including the dimensions. It’s approx 27” long and 16” wide. I think that would be the T24 model then?

When I’ve used it it was a pretty decent stove. It has the smoke shelf, which I’ve read some of the earlier Fishers didn’t.

Basically I was wondering if there are any mods I can do to make it more efficient.

From what I was reading last night it sounds like these stoves were made in Syracuse, NY. Or maybe that’s just where the company was based out of.

It would make sense if that’s where it came from, as it’s about 45 min south of me.

This is a good read.. gives the history of Fisher wood stoves and mentions timberline in it as well.

I think that would be the T24 model then?
Correct a T-24....I have a T-33 slightly wider and longer with built in baffle plate from factory.

Most importantly it heats so well overnight and always awake to large coals in the morning ...love it !

Like my Dad always said " if it ain't broke don't fix it " .