Timberwolf tps35

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Stovenatah

Mar 3, 2019
Brookline NH
stove is awesome except when I shut it down to do the weekly maintenance. I turn it off and wait until it’s completely shutdown. When both blowers are off I clean the heat exchange tubes and clean out all the fly ash. Then I hit the switch to fire it back up and nothing kinda of concerning and a pain sometimes when I just need to get it done. I don’t want to pay 250 bucks for a new board and have the same issues. Went through the stove completely checked all the wiring and connections. Stove is clean and connections solid. Kinda stumped here. I saw a similar post on a foru back in 2011 with the same issue but no response or feed back of any kind

Has the stove completely cooled before attempting to light ?
When you hit the start button does the combustion fan run
do pellets drop into pot ?

Nothing at all! Stove is completely shut down during my light cleaning then nothing and multiple attempts with nothing. Eventually it fires up and runs all week flawlessly until the next time I do maintenance

your on / off switch is it a slide type or button?

If it run all week when does it fire up ?

Then after I’m done cleaning it I switch it on and nothing. Wait a few and nothing. Then unplug it and ill get the combustion blower for 2 sec and still nothing wait another 10 or sometimes longer and i hit it on and off it goes running lights right up and I don’t shut it off all week so I don’t have to mess with it

what im thinking is your switch is either dirty inside or worn out not making contact. you can try removing the board and face plate and spray the switch with electrical contact cleaner and see if that helps. if not im betting the switch is bad

Reactions: johneh
or a switch replacement. not that hard to do

maybe I’ll look into it! I was hoping to hear something like the low/high limit switch too some time after shutdown to open or close! Before it allowed power to flow to the board. Not even sure where to get a switch and then it would need to be sodard to the board easy enough for someone familiar with working on control boards

When the stove is cold (cleanout temp) all the snap disc’s get thier power from the control board except the high limit(usually) and if it was open you would have no power.