Tiny clip on Harman /ESP probe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gutlo

Burning Hunk
Hearth Supporter
Feb 22, 2009
eastern connecticut
Just cleaned my cruded over ESP probe on my P43 and since I had a brand new one, I tried to Install it. I stopped when I tiny clip.

How do you release the clip of the one that"s in the stove? Needle nose pliers? Mouse fingers?

You don’t remove it from the ESP. Simply remove the 1/4” zipscrew that retains the probe to the unit. Your replacement should have a clip on it so it can be attached with the same zipscrew.

Reactions: Washed-Up
Thanks for your reply, Bob. I didn't make my issue clear. It's the little black clip that goes into the control board that I can't grasp. How do you grab that thing?

Is it the below clip? If you're replacing the whole ESP, needle nose pliers with a bit of force (do some back and forth if you can maneuver) but be mindful of the board itself.

8f4116f4fa1131382198f2c722777884b8913f2fa0b8d88f6b0d53676a391945__74940.1590689363.jpg

Got it! I laid down on my back and was able to get my hand into the back of the stove. This gave easy access so I could grab the clip with my thumb and forefinger and pull it out.

Reactions: wouldja?