To Daksy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

k0wtz

Nov 30, 2010
missouri
bob I am finding Lennox made a free standing gas stove? Do you know anything about these stoves it looks huge! Is it loaded with stuff on it to make it impossible for people to work on? Does it have a heat exchanger on it?

just wondering I may start a quest for one but have to wonder?

thanks

bob

Hey k0wtz.
First I changed the title & spelled my handle correctly.
Second, I have never worked on a Lennox unit &
unless you can tell me what model you're thinking about,
I can't help you. With a model number or name, I can
look up the install/owner's manual...

Reactions: k0wtz
Hey k0wtz.
First I changed the title & spelled my handle correctly.
Second, I have never worked on a Lennox unit &
unless you can tell me what model you're thinking about,
I can't help you. With a model number or name, I can
look up the install/owner's manual...
bob dasky got it now! I just saw one on ebay not much help on the model nr or anything. Probably insides not much different than my V/C gas stove except undoubtedly far more complicated knowing Lennox I had an early super efficient gas furnace made in the 80s with the lifetime cast iron heat exchanger. Remember those things very heavy very complicated had a car sparkplug in them I think! My folks had a gas circulator stove made in the 50s that thing heated a 5 room house you may have seen those. I guess my heat exchanger is the heavy cast iron body of the stove it gets super hot when the burner is on no doubt not the most efficient way to run a stove.