Today's Nj Gas Price Update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richg

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
Citgo, Oaklyn NJ:
$3.32 per gallon of regular gas

Exxon, Summit NJ
$4.89 per gallon of regular gas

Just so you know, Exxon is a stakeholder in www.intelligentwarmth.com, a website which promotes the benefits of heating your house with oil. There are many benefits to heating your house with oil. It frees up space in your bank account. It funds the hopes and dreams of Hugo Chavez and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. It contributes to global warming. It strengthens our dependence on foreign oil. What in the world is there not to love about heating your house with oil, especially Exxon oil?

Don't forget -- Exxon is also working on alternative fuels if you've seen their commercial ... unfortunately, if they ever come up with an alternative to oil, we'll never here about it until there is no more oil for Exxon to gouge us on.

Sounds like someone is trying to put a coat of paint on the Valdez again...

Chris

Sounds like somebody keeps looking at a gas price website that isn't updated for that station. He has quoted that price for that station for a while now.

He still hasn't told me what that station gets for pellets. This ain't the gasoline room after all.

Good tip.
I should sell my Citgo stock and buy more Exxon.
Thanx for the heads up.

That station prices have always been higher than any other station in the area. I found out the heard way when I got suck working after midnight and had to get gas to get home. That was the only station open on my way home. I think it is just that station and not all exxon station in the area.

globewyre said:
That station prices have always been higher than any other station in the area. I found out the heard way when I got suck working after midnight and had to get gas to get home. That was the only station open on my way home. I think it is just that station and not all exxon station in the area.

Yeah it looks like the same guy owns two stations in Summit and has the same price at both. At the intersection of Summit and Broad the Exxon station there is a buck a gallon less and a dime less than Shell.

I worked for a Texaco station owner in the sixties that priced the same way. He figured the only business we would get was people with a Texaco card so why not make the same money on less sales. And the way stations are these days beer and snacks are what pays the bills, not gas sales.

But the Exxon station at Summit and Broad blows up Rich's theory of the oil companies telling the stations what to charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.