Tractor Supply Pellet Fuel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Coopers

Aug 13, 2013
Dover, PA
Tractor Supply got 21 tons of pellets last week. They are selling at $5.59 a bag or $269 per ton.
We burned different brands of pellets last season. One of the brands that burned really well and provided low ash and great heat was Somerset.
Somerset is what got delivered to Tractor Supply last week and I guess my question is, is $269 a ton a good price for Somerset? The thing with Tractor Supply is, they can get either hardwood or softwood, good pellet, bad pellet and the price will still be the same.
I called Somerset directly and I was told that the Tractor Supply was the only store in our area that will sell the pellets.
Our local dealer is selling Power Pellets (did not burn that one last season) for $259 a ton.

Reactions: Peterfield
Tractor Supply got 21 tons of pellets last week. They are selling at $5.59 a bag or $269 per ton.
We burned different brands of pellets last season. One of the brands that burned really well and provided low ash and great heat was Somerset.
Somerset is what got delivered to Tractor Supply last week and I guess my question is, is $269 a ton a good price for Somerset? The thing with Tractor Supply is, they can get either hardwood or softwood, good pellet, bad pellet and the price will still be the same.
I called Somerset directly and I was told that the Tractor Supply was the only store in our area that will sell the pellets.
Our local dealer is selling Power Pellets (did not burn that one last season) for $259 a ton.

In my opinion, Somerset wood pellets are some of the best pellets on the market today. $269 is not a bad price price for those pellets.

Home Depot is in the same boat except they don't start getting pellets till late Fall in the Tri-state area .Pa/NJ/Del

TSC does their early buy discount sale in July. Wait until then and then grab a few tons. Early buy price last year was $225/ton, expect is will be similar this year.

Reactions: The Coopers
Been roasting Somersets for 6 seasons now, 5-6 ton a season. Very consistent, high quality and packed (on skids) very well.

Reactions: The Coopers
We ended up getting a ton on Friday. We burned about a ton last season as we only use the stove when in the basement.
Tractor Supply did say to come back in July and ask for a price adjustment should they decide to run a special on their pellets again.

TSC does their early buy discount sale in July. Wait until then and then grab a few tons. Early buy price last year was $225/ton, expect is will be similar this year.

Can someone post when they see the TSC early buy discount sale. I do not remember ever seeing this. TIA

On my way to Ed,s landscaping business located outside Elizabethtown Pennsylvania to pickup 2 ton of Turman pellets at $ 265.00 a ton ,anyone close to this location looking for pellets here you go. 717-367-1006

Jeff

Last edited:
Considering shelled corn is running less than $3.50 a bushel, I'll be burning much less pellets this winter and more corn.

Status
Not open for further replies.