Tractor Supply Pellets with 25% Off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

swalz

Feeling the Heat
Jan 2, 2008
Newark, DE
I just ordered Pellets for pickup using promo code and was able to get 25% off taking the price to $195 for a ton. Not sure if I am allowed to put codes in here, if you use Rakuten it will search the codes for you.

Fall Tractor Supply Coupon: 25% off heating appliances and supplies for Neighbour's Club Members

Good price. I bought my usual 2 tons earlier this year. Paid $210 a ton picked up. Around here they have MHP or Somerset. I prefer Michigan Hardwood.

Tell them the pellets are for farm use and you pay no sales tax (at least here in Michigan).

Thanks for the tip , just put an order in for a ton of virginia softwoods (easy blaze )

Couple things to keep in mind that no 'special ad' will tell you and that is, the pricing is for tons (pallet quantity) only and the must be picked up in a 2000 pound (ton) quantity at the time when you get them. IOW, no putting in the trunk of your buggy, unless your buggy can take a full pallet (and the pallet too), which is no problem for many (including myself), but could be for someone with no large pickup truck or trailer. The 'associates' at TSC won't handle individual loading of bags of pellets at the 'discount' price and if they do, they will charge you the less than full pallet regular price..

Went on the site and saw the coupon but it specifically says not good on wood pellets. Interesting.
Ron

Code I used had nothing about exclusions, and got my confirmation my order is ready for pick up

At 212 a ton here it's still not bad. I bought 2 tons but that is enough for 1.5 years with corn. Just tanked 7.5 ton a few hours ago.

Heating appliances, 25% off a pellet stove would be nice.

Family farm and home had something similar about 4 years ago. Like upwards of 30% off. I know with good coupons they like to exclude anything worthwhile in fine print, so I wrote the company and asked if it was good for pellets. They said it was good for 1 ton. I took it with me into the store so they would honor it. I could tell the clerk didn’t wanna give me pellets that cheap but she had to. Next time around the coupon said specifically not good for wood pellets.

If you can use the code online and it works, and your discounted pellets are paid for, that would be the way to go.

PXL_20201119_212652961.jpgPXL_20201119_213511104.jpg
Home and stacked, no problems at all when I went for pickup. My boss got a ton also

View attachment 267255View attachment 267256
Home and stacked, no problems at all when I went for pickup. My boss got a ton also
Truck looks maxed out...lol A ton don't even put my F350 on the helper springs and 2 ton in the bed just improve the lumber wagon ride slightly... I never strap them down, the shrink wrap holds them quite nicely. 2 ton is about what my truck camper weighs... Just put another 7 ton of 10% field corn in the grain tank today. It's full now. It's enough for the entire winter, feeding the stove and feeding the cattle.

Truck looks maxed out...lol A ton don't even put my F350 on the helper springs and 2 ton in the bed just improve the lumber wagon ride slightly... I never strap them down, the shrink wrap holds them quite nicely. 2 ton is about what my truck camper weighs... Just put another 7 ton of 10% field corn in the grain tank today. It's full now. It's enough for the entire winter, feeding the stove and feeding the cattle.

Shrink wrap usually holds mine. Except there’s a considerable down hill going across town. One way has a stop sign at the bottom. The other way people like to turn left at the bottom at the last second and you nearly get rear ended when you stop for them. Either of those ways will slosh over the top 1/3 of the stack and really weigh down the front of my trailer. There’s a third way thru the ritzy part with no hill, but it’s a maze of people, fancy cars, and yard waste essentially making a staggered 1 way street, then I have to hope somebody lets me in at the bottom of that original hill.

If I get my pellets in the winter I can avoid all that tourist foolishness and it’s smooth sailing through town, but I prefer to have it all done by then.

Next year if I remember I will put a stack of pallets to take up the space in front of the pellets so they stay put.

I just have Ace HW who sells them Deliver them. They use Skidloader. 60 bucks to put them in bay of building. I use about 4 tons yearly. If they quit delivery I would switch back to Wood Stove. Or get Forklift.

I just have Ace HW who sells them Deliver them. They use Skidloader. 60 bucks to put them in bay of building. I use about 4 tons yearly. If they quit delivery I would switch back to Wood Stove. Or get Forklift.

Would love that. But TSC or Farm and Home doesn’t offer delivery. The masonry store does but they want $95 more per ton for the same brand, plus $95 for delivery. They also can’t put them in a building, so I have to restack them anyway.

Last edited:
Truck is a 99 f-150 so it is maxed out but it actually handles the load better than the 2001 f-250 or 2006 ram 2500 that I had in the past, they both got front end light with the load and made steering a bit touchy. The f-150 is a long bed with a plastic bed liner so I off load some of the bags for one so the pallet isn't so tall and for two it helps keep the pallet from sliding around. I have a trailer I can use also if need be.

I also have the TSC credit card which gives 5% cash back at the end of each month on all purchases. I bought a Aluminum 6x10 trailer to haul pellets and got $110 back so went down and got a ton of pellets set on the new trailer for less than $100. The neighbors club is good also. They email good discounts often. They have had a 20% off leather footwear special for awhile now. That is a good deal. They have 25% off Dewalt air compressors Starting Tuesday for black friday. I am getting one.

I googled the TSC coupon. 25% off heating. No mention of pellets. Did it all online. Contactless pickup. $195. The pellets are MWP. That’s a screaming deal here in New England.

Went on the site and saw the coupon but it specifically says not good on wood pellets. Interesting.
Ron

It will work anyway. I ordered mine this morning, picked them up and got them in the house by 10.

Code I used had nothing about exclusions, and got my confirmation my order is ready for pick up
If you go thru 3rd party sites they don't say anything aobut exclusions. Howeverm if you go thru your Friends and Family website, it says that pellets are excluded. Funny, same code and everything.

Couple things to keep in mind that no 'special ad' will tell you and that is, the pricing is for tons (pallet quantity) only and the must be picked up in a 2000 pound (ton) quantity at the time when you get them. IOW, no putting in the trunk of your buggy, unless your buggy can take a full pallet (and the pallet too), which is no problem for many (including myself), but could be for someone with no large pickup truck or trailer. The 'associates' at TSC won't handle individual loading of bags of pellets at the 'discount' price and if they do, they will charge you the less than full pallet regular price..

Depends on the TSC - some will let you take partials (mine will). The email they send you does say you have to pick it up within 2 days.

Just got mine this morning ;)
Was there a limit? Maybe I should have jumped on it and took my 45 foot flatbed and loaded it up... I can do 42 skids on it.... Investment in the future....lol

Reactions: railfanron
Was there a limit? Maybe I should have jumped on it and took my 45 foot flatbed and loaded it up... I can do 42 skids on it.... Investment in the future....lol
I thought about taking my tag along trailer and getting 6 tons but storage is a problem right now. I’m going to be patient and get some more in the next few weeks. I really wonder if corporate TSC figures this out.....

I only got 1 ton. But i saw no limt in the purchase box i went to 500 bags and then went back to 50. I have more than enough now buthow can ya beat the price

Wish coal was 25% off . Two more tons of pellets and I’m through. I’m going to the dark side.

I bet they are still making money. Reason I say that is because 2 years ago I priced full truckloads from Somerset Flooring in Somerset Kentucky delivered to the farm (I can unload truckloads of anything skidded, have a back up dock for vans and I do sideloads in the yard beside the barn) 2 years ago on full 22 ton (44K) loads the price per truck load, transport to my place was $155 bucks a ton but, I'd have to prepurchase during the summer months and pay with a bank certified check upon ordering. I considered it pretty seriously but I'd have to resell quite a bit of them and deal with that as well as customers around so after kicking it around I decided not to. I'm not overly friendly anyway. Comes from living in the country I guess.

Always liked Somerset Flooring pellets even though I've been buying Michigan Hardwood for the last 2 years and they are very low ash and burn well and I have not contacted them on truckloads but I could. MHP, Holland' Michigan is a tad closer to me.

Consequently, considering the bulk quantity that TSC buys, I bet they still make 25 to 30 bucks a ton, even on sale. Now, of course they have overheads like employee wages, electric and gas bills and I imagine some legacy costs but I'm sure they aren't in the red by any means.

If I had enough pellet burners around me, I would bulk buy and resell at a very favorable prices as I don't have much in the way of overhead. No employees except me, buildings are paid for (it's a farm) and no electricity inside that barn to pay for either. I would have restricted hours though. I prefer not to work on Sunday's at all and I don't get up until 9AM most days and when the sun goes down, I'm inside having dinner and full pallets only, I don't move bags unless it's into my stove. Actually, my barn is large enough if flatbed side loaded they could back inside and I can offload in the rain or snow.

I have learned over the years that full pallets of pellets can be stored outside in the weather, so long as one, they are shrink wrapped and the skids are on concrete or asphalt and they are shrouded with a seamless plastic over cover to keep rain and snow off.

Reactions: Washed-Up and Ssyko
These two tons of pellets I have are sitting on the same trailer I had them load them on two years ago. Still as dry as the day I bought them. I’ve always left my pellets out in the elements. As long as the wrap doesn’t get punctured it holds up to the elements.

Coal is the same way. A semi truck of coal sells for around $170 a ton if you buy a truckload but it’s 6.99 a bag at TSC.