Tractor Supply Pellets with 25% Off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
These two tons of pellets I have are sitting on the same trailer I had them load them on two years ago. Still as dry as the day I bought them. I’ve always left my pellets out in the elements. As long as the wrap doesn’t get punctured it holds up to the elements.

Coal is the same way. A semi truck of coal sells for around $170 a ton if you buy a truckload but it’s 6.99 a bag at TSC.
No coal around here to speak of unless it's Blashak rice coal in bags and it's expensive, never seen any at our local TSC stores. I'd have a stoker stove in a minute if it was available here. it's not.

Yes the coupon code works on pellets when buying on the web. That will teach me to read the fine print. LOL
Ron

No coal around here to speak of unless it's Blashak rice coal in bags and it's expensive, never seen any at our local TSC stores. I'd have a stoker stove in a minute if it was available here. it's not.

I believe you can have your local TSC order it for you.
I’m using nut coal in a homemade baseburner. So far im using 1.33 lbs per hour.
My pellet stove uses a bag a day.

The cost is similar but the coal seems warmer and no noisy fans blowing or auger noise. The dog is barking more since the pellet stove isn’t masking the outside noises. Lol.

I’ve also installed a Clayton furnace in the basement. That’s where the real savings is. I can burn soft coal in it and I get that for $70 a ton locally. It’s a little dirtier but it’s worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ssyko