Trouble Starting My Englander PDV-25

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2012
Vermont
Okay, I went home today because my Mother-in-law was having trouble starting our stove. I noticed that the pellets weren't coming out like usual. I took a flashlight and shined in the back to see if the augers were operating correctly. I noticed that the bottom auger was spinning slowly but constantly, the top auger would spin a little bit and stop for a few seconds, start spinning a little more and stop...is this normal operation or should the top auger be spinning constantly like the bottom auger?

I believe the top auger meters the amount and the bottom feeds the pot and is done that way to prevent a hopper fire. Several members swap motors regularly to extend the life of the bottom motor.

Last edited:
One way to give the MIL the cold shoulder

Try to do a board reset,you can find how here if you do a quick search,also make sure your auger lock nut is tight. You will have to pull the auger to check it.but the top auger will cycle off and on depending on your settings this is normal

Status
Not open for further replies.