Trouble with AcuTron II & IV Control board.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Boxcar07

Jan 3, 2022
Black River, NY
I have a Dansons Pellet Stove, Model HHFP2BD with AcuTron II that recently began acting up by shutting itself off. I did the step outline in the pdf and one of the posted videos. Went ahead and purchased the AcuTron IV and it's acting in the same manner. I have checked and ensured the cold air intake and exhaust are free and clear. Unplugged it, let stand and plug it back in. Verified the burn mode -manual and then push start. It begins to operate, ignitor, fan, agger all begin to operate. It runs for about 20 minutes with a flame then shuts itself off. The entire time it runs the ignitor light is on and the selected #4 light flashes.

Please can anyone help? I've read a number of threads and can't fine any help.
This is Boxcar-7

Sounds like your low temp. snap switch is bad. However,I do not know where it is mounted on your stove.On most, it is right beside the combustion blower, others are screwed to the back of the fire box. Yours should have 3 I believe, and, if it is marked it would be 120 degrees.

Reactions: Boxcar07 and johneh
Your low limit switch is on the exhaust after the combustion fan but before
the pipe exits the stove.
Remove clean reinstall and try your stove. If the stove does not stay fired
jump the switch and refire to check the switch
As Mt Bob said most likely dirty

Reactions: Boxcar07
@Mt Bob @johneh Thanks guys 👍 I appreciate the advice and I'm taking note. I finally got it to fire and run, don't know what happened but it did, and we are warm with expected -20 the next few days. Don at East Coast Harth suggested the same thing. So, once the time and temps permit, I know where to focus my efforts. I'm just very glad it finally fired so we can stay warm.