Control Board on Enviro Empress FS 2007

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Toddman

Nov 14, 2022
Washington State
Hello,

My 2007 Enviro Empress FS stove's ignitor suddenly stopped working. I figured I'd just replace it since it's relatively cheap but unfortunately that did not do the trick. Took the control board out and the single fuse looks fine. I've been manually lighting the stove since and it works fine most of the time but occasionally, maybe 1 out of 10 times, the auger will stop feeding and the stove will begin to shut down. If I can catch it in time I push and hold the on/off button and it will come back to life and run fine for hours. Seeming likely that it's a control board issue but would like some input before spending $350+. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you

Did you check for power at the igniter red wire ?
When was the last time the stove firebox was disassembled and all passages cleaned?
Have you removed the burn pot and cleaned, and cleared all the air holes?
Now the stupid question the burn pot can be installed backwards is it?
Long lip towards the front of the stove
A dirty or plugged stove will cause intermittent shutdowns that includes the chimney and combustion fan

Did you check for power at the igniter red wire ?
When was the last time the stove firebox was disassembled and all passages cleaned?
Have you removed the burn pot and cleaned, and cleared all the air holes?
Now the stupid question the burn pot can be installed backwards is it?
Long lip towards the front of the stove
A dirty or plugged stove will cause intermittent shutdowns that includes the chimney and combustion fan
Hello,

Gave the stove a major cleaning including all passageways. Stove worked great for the first 10 fires of the season and then ignitor just stopped working. No heat from it, no glow inside. Nothing. Will test for power at red wire . Thanks for your time.