Troubleshoot ? Skytech

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny42544

Sep 1, 2014
Somerset, KYchumney
I purchased a home that has gas logs, and I have never tried them out. Yesterday I did, lit the pilot and voila, it worked. I then noticed a switch to the left, "Off,Remote,On" and a reset button. I know now this is a remote for the logs. I moved the switch (from "ON" I suppose) and the logs went out. I now can not get them lit. The pilot comes on just fine, when I turn the gas knob to what should be "on", nothing happens. I have replaced the batteries in the box next to the logs. It beeped when I replaced the batteries. I have pressed the reset button, but from what I have read, that resets the codes in the remote. I do not see a model # anywhere on the remote sensor. The logs are bolted to the floor of the firebox, so I do not know the brand or model of them either. I assume this is a Skytech controller, but then again, I see no brand. Any assistance is appreciated. I have turned the switch to the remote position and the off and the on position. No setting allows the burner to light up.

Maybe you could post a pic of the logset, black box & remote?? If not, & it is a SkyTech,, it's probably an older 1001.
You can search for a manual online, but let's see if we can help.
Did you replace the battery(ies) in the remote sending unit? Do you know if the batteries you put in are good?
If you test them with a multimeter, what readings do you get?
If you flip the box over, disconnect the wires from the back & touch the copper ends together, does the logset ignite?

I do not have the remote. I will take pictures tomorrow and post them. thanks! I did replace the batteries in the receiving unit. They are good, I tested them prior to installing them

The receiver should work without batteries for manual on off. Check the 2 wire connection at the TH/TP terminal on the valve. Maybe it pulled loose? It worked once for you...

Did you try what Daksy said, and disconnect the wires and touch them together? if it still didn't come on then it may be a faulty thermo-pile / pilot generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.