Troubleshooting: Lopi Berkshire w/ Acumen remote

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

elegant.gate1878

Feb 11, 2024
Minnesota
My partner and I purchased our first home in October, which came with a Lopi Berkshire set-up with the Acumen TX-D remote. Since moving in I have never been successful getting the stove to start with the remote. With all the other priorities of a new home I put off getting around to this until now. The stove has had issues with lighting in general (the manual way), requiring clicking the igniter dozens of times. I finally took the stove apart and cleaned the igniter and it starting working (again, manually) on first click for maybe 3-4 days before now going back to requiring 3-10 clicks to get it started.

I would like to get the remote working, and especially the feature that controls the flame based on the temperature setting so I don't make the area too uncomfortable. I've gone through all the steps in this video:

to no avail. Any help is appreciated. Unfortunately, the company that installed the stove is refusing to provide support (Even if I pay them) because apparently the prior owner ordered a part from them once and apparently doing so prevents them from providing any sort of support. In any case, I'd like to have a better grasp of working on this thing myself so it's probably a blessing in disguise.