Trying to find the correct control box setting for a 2007 Quadrafire Castile FS pellet stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

unioncreek

Oct 9, 2019
southeastern Washington
I'm trying to ID which model Quadrafire Castile FS stove I have. The reason being I've found mixed information on what number the control box should be set on. I bought the stove in 2007, I found a 2005 manual that states is should be set on 6. Then I found a 2008 manual that says it should be set on 4.

I've had trouble with the stove running for a while early in the morning and then shutting down. I believe that the stove may be over heating and tripping the #2 snap disc. I then have to push the reset button on the back of the stove, then it will run good all day. Shouldn't the #2 snap disc reset itself automatically or ?

Bob