TSC -- some things never change.

Mr._Graybeard

Feeling the Heat
Apr 27, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
I stopped in at my local Tractor Supply today and scoped out the pellets they had on the floor. Green Supremes were a new addition ... I know Lignetics recently bought Marth in northern Wisconsin. I wonder if that's connected. Marth have always burned OK for me, although dusty and ashy.

There was another brand on the floor as well, plain white bag with blue lettering. I checked out a bag and noticed a large, hard lump in one corner. Pellets for sale in the store. The last time I bought from TSC I returned 20 bags out of a ton for moisture damage. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, we won't get fooled again.

Mr._Graybeard

Feeling the Heat
Apr 27, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
My words are on the menu today. I bought two tons of Bio Power pellets this week from TSC. Great pellet, although they were shipped only a few weeks ago so they hadn't had time to compost in the storage yard. I hope this is a permanent change for the better.

millerized

Jan 5, 2015
Inwood, WV
There was another brand on the floor as well, plain white bag with blue lettering. I checked out a bag and noticed a large, hard lump in one corner. Pellets for sale in the store. The last time I bought from TSC I returned 20 bags out of a ton for moisture damage. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, we won't get fooled again.
Not to mention, you get all the corn that's fit for your daily diet. If you're into corn in your wood pellets that is.
Yeah, corn. Again.
Several years ago I posted the same thing, much to my disappointment...and some things never change. This year...more corn. Stove needs cleaned after 2 bags. Fortunately for me, there are only 48 more bags to burn through, so it's only 24 cleanings left.

Attachments

Mr._Graybeard

Feeling the Heat
Apr 27, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Yeah, TSC has been pretty inconsistent IME. I've bought some great pellets from them over the years, but then they change suppliers and have absolute garbage. Then they sometimes bag pellets with their own packaging, so you have no idea what you're getting. All you can do is try a few bags if the stock looks promising.