Sep 1, 2010
Tug Hill State Forest, NY
Reactions: Warm_in_NH

TX-L

Burning Hunk
Sep 1, 2010
johnpma,

I see the buckets in your avatar, it might be awhile for our sugar season. I know a couple of guys that started tapping this past weekend, they said the snow was still very deep in the woods; they were sinking in a foot with snowshoes. The snow in the woods is up past my waist with no snowshoes! Forecast is above freezing and sunny all week, below freezing at night. Might be a good week for a run, but the snow is deep and the ground is likely frozen.

Ambient

Feb 18, 2015
I can see Ontario from NNY
The snow in Lewis county was 21 feet this year, below normal but high for the whole country as the Watertown 7 News had stated. It seemed like we had snow everyday for weeks, but only an inch or so during most events. The cold made it dry and did it drift! I had drifts over some of my five foot tall fence lines, which meant the eight foot fences were only 3 foot exposed. Thankfully the deer didn't walk into the orchard!

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Wow. Hard to visualize that with trees putting on leaves here. It hit 70F today. I was working all day in a t shirt.

Ambient

Feb 18, 2015
I can see Ontario from NNY
Wow. Hard to visualize that with trees putting on leaves here. It hit 70F today. I was working all day in a t shirt.
LOL it was snowing here yesterday.

TX-L

Burning Hunk
Sep 1, 2010
Yes, that's the same place. I've seen that footage; very interesting. I measured the snow in the back yard today:

Attachments

Last edited: