Two Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yooperdave

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2010
Michigan's U.P.
1. Does anyone remember the name of the ace hardware in colorado (somewhere) that has a website and you can order stuff like wood splitters from them??

2. more importantly, I am playing with the idea of buying a wood lathe. Currently considering two models fome norther to.
shop fox model W1758 for about $840
jet model JWL 1442 VSK for about $1500

It would be used for bowl making (turning) primary and maybe table legs, tool handles, etc. secondary.

Thanks

Some years back, my wife gave me a JWL-1236 for Christmas. It's a perfectly fine home/craftsman machine for less than $1000.00. Rick

Thanks BB . I don't need a splitter as the North Star is doing fine, I just thought I would check out the ace hardware site in case they had wood lathes.
Rick, The JWL-1236 looks nice. Have you turned any bowls?

...Rick, The JWL-1236 looks nice. Have you turned any bowls?

No, I have not, I've only done straight spindle stuff. Bowls maybe one day. This lathe power head, of course, will pivot for face/bowl turning, and it comes with the basic tool rest configuration to facilitate that. I really wanted to get into turning some bowls but life intervened. Have fun! Rick

With my wood working skills anything I put on a lathe would end up like any other wood I try to work with. Kindling. ;em

Reactions: wingsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.