Ultimate Redneck Woodcart.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidV

Nov 20, 2005
Richmond VA
A copuple years ago I took an old joggins stroller and duct taped a couple 2x4's to it and created a wood cart. my boys have wood gathering as a chore during the winter. Boys will be boys and they broke the handle. I made them make due with it this year to teach them a lesson but finally I decided to rebuild it. I took my youngest out to the shop yesterday and we rebuilt it. I used scrap wood and it wasn't treated so I decided to paint it. I had two cans of blue spraypaint on hand so I gave it a go. After getting it finished I stepped back and thought it was really ugly.....then I realized that the color was a very good match for my oldest boy's favorite nascar driver. The rest is history.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/Huntindad/jgKart.jpg

I included the link since it came out small.

Attachments

• th_jgKart.jpg
    th_jgKart.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 1,360
Nice little cart there, Good job.

That's great! I love it.

And the most important part is........I took my youngest ot to the shop and "WE" rebuilt it. I'll bet it is better taken care of and the time spent with your Son is........Priceless......good job.
Mike

Nope--- Fails Red Neck inspection!! No Beer Holder(s) an' no beer in'em if'n they was there!

A little more duct tape and you'll have it nailed...

Edited: Upon more reflection, with the Nascar connection, and hand painted spraypaint, with the boy and all... IT's GREAT!!

ATB,
Mike P

Also needs an over weight man with his belly hanging out of his shirt holding a beer.

Your oldest son is confused. You need to sit down with him and have a talk.

nope, i call it redneck approved because it includes the following:
1. NASCAR reference
2. Spray paint
3. unique use of something designed for something else that has broken
4. Can hold a whole cooler of beer AND firewood.
5. Has ducktape/duct tape as an integral component in the design/

#4 is key because a true redneck doesn't use a cupholder for beer. anything worth doing can be done with beer in hand. (EXCEPTION: friend can hold it only on special "hold my beer and watch this" occasions)

Great idea! We have a double stroller like that. You've given me an idea! Thanks!

Shari

earthharvester said:
Also needs an over weight man with his belly hanging out of his shirt holding a beer.

Wrong....need a fat lady in a flowered sundress wearing chain drive horned rim glasses pushing the cart, the man with the donelap is sitting in a lawn chair with a beer is giving her directions.

It looks silly in blue and that 24 on it. Now, if was in Dewalt yellow with a 17 on it, it would be perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.