United States Stove Company... Any good??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gunner-1

Jul 11, 2008
New York
I'm currently looking to update my 5 year old Englander pellet stove with a newer, quieter model. Does anyone have any experience with the United States Stove Company's pellet stoves? Pluses/negatives?

I used and still have a US Stove I bought in 2005. It was an early model 6039. It had some issues but the company made several changes. They were great about sending a part out for warranty or FCO. I am a DIY'er. I liked their phone support. I would look carefully again before purchasing one. I have read alot of good about the Englander. I'm not sure how much quieter you are looking for. I'm not sure the US Stove is the fix. Again take time to research and look at stoves running. If you want quiet then a stove with DC motors may help that. A couple that come to mind from reading is Dell Point and Mt Vernon AE. I run a Bixby now and that is superior compared to the US Stove.

Us Stove and Englander are probably about the same grade...both usually DIY and hardware store items. If you are truly looking to upgrade, do a lot of research and get something a couple bumps up. Englander has a brand new model....which obviously has some improvements over the existing models....

Status
Not open for further replies.