Unusual spherical Astro branded stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lunchbox13

Sep 27, 2020
Washington
I just acquired this stove and have done a bunch of searches online including this forum and using Google Lens on photos of it but can't find any sort of info. I had a thought that it could be homemade but the door looks mass produced. Any insight would be appreciated!!

IMG_20220716_165427.jpg

Crap, Ive seen these things on here before but cant remember the name of them. They were only made out west so I dont see them over here.

One of the mods should be able to chime in with a name.

The Lincoln stove was spherical. Not sure if there was a relationship to the Astro. Besides being spherical, the Lincoln had a hatchet door handle.

That thing is neat! Find some funky colors in high-temp paint and you have an MCM/Googie/Atomic Age style stove.