Update: enviro, every setting but high

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gyingling

Hearth Supporter
Aug 13, 2010
south central PA
I posted last week about my enviro windsor and the fact that I could only run it on 4 out of 5 settings. I would run it on high for 10 minutes or so, and then it would shut off, flashing a code indicating a vacuum switch problem.

After several informative posts and some other thread reading I came across, I thought it would be best to pull off the combustion blower before I bypassed the vacuum switch. I removed the blower, and noticed the channel from the blower to the chimney pipe wiggled a little. I gave the blower a thorough cleaning, reset and resealed the exhaust channel.

I put everything back together and fired the stove up. Rank it awhile to warm it up, then fired it at high for about half an hour or so. It did not shut down or flash any fault codes. I believe that the combustion blower needed dusted out a little and maybe the exhaust channel wiggle contributed to the shutdown. Hopefully this takes care of it.

Thanks to all for the posts, very helpful, as this is my virgin year burning pellets.

Jays questions and the dialog back and forth about it made me think I better pull the combustion blower off. This forum is a great resource. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.