Upgrading a Harman Invincible T's Combustion Blower System

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesterpeak

Nov 20, 2014
Colorado
I have to replace the combustion blower motor on my Invincible T and was wondering if anyone had any luck "turbocharging" their system to get a hotter fire. I see the new Harman stoves really burning hot and I've never had that kind of performance with my stove. Would installing an Invincible RS motor and a double paddle fan be a workable alternative? With the current system the blower puts out 70 cfm turning the single paddle blade at 3000 rpm. I await your expert advice.

Welcome to the forum - sorry no one got back to you...
Did a search and came up with this ... not sure what the specs are on the motor Don2222 used so may want to PM him. He has his hand in a lot of rebuilds.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...3-creosote-build-up-help.129471/#post-1743709

"That stove was built in the early 90s and yes that top chamber was a bad design but the stove is indestructible and I would also recommend a heavy duty higher current Gleason-Avery 1.75 amp open frame combustion blower with universal mounting hub for better Low Drafting. This helps prevent buildup and gives cleaner more complete pellet burning."

But on a different post ... they may not fit the Invincible free-standing ...
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...n-blower-upgrade-but-why.126166/#post-1696236
"Not all, I know it will not fit the Harman Invincible FS. LOL
These are the Harman stoves its compatible with:
P38+
P43
PC-45
P61
P61a
P68
PF-100
PB-105
HF-60
Advance
Accentra FS & Insert
Invincible RS
Invincible Insert
XXV"

Good luck on your quest...

My Invincible is a free standing so I couldn't offer you any advice.....I will say that my P61A does have a bit more aggressive fire than my Invincible ever did but it is a beast of a heater.

Status
Not open for further replies.