UPS for pellet stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kas

Nov 13, 2022
USA
Hi all. New to the forums. I want to ask a quesion about getting a UPS for my soon to be 10 year old USSC 5660 pellet stove. I just want something for when the power goes out to be able to shut it down properly. Had a scary event last season when the CO2 alarm went off in the middle of the night. I have a genny so I don't need it run the stove for hours. Is there a specific type of UPS I should get? Thanks in advance for any info. :)

Cyberpower CP1500PFCLCD, is what I use..

Reactions: Mt Bob
I use an APC BE850, it shuts my Harman down gracefully. Harman stoves recognize the step sine wave and go into a pulsing shut down mode. The only dislike I have is it alarms at 450 watt current draw and my high pressure igniter draws 400 watts plus the air pump and blowers. It holds it but I have to listen to the alarm during fire up.

Thank you all for the replies but this unit does not have a computer. It only has the control panel on the side panel, nothing on the top except the hopper access. I guess I'm outta luck .

See the first post (and its attachment) in the below thread.