US 5660 exhaust blower replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Angler2184

Dec 17, 2011
OCMD
Looks like I have to replace the exhaust blower on my 12 year old 5660. It has started making a loud squeal randomly. I have ordered the entire blower with housing. My question is, is it possible to replace the motor and fins and use the old housing? That way i wouldnt have to take apart the exhaust vent. Thanks

IMG_9084.jpeg

If it were me I would just replace the fan and motor assy
clean up the housing, new gasket, or silicon to seal
I would not worry about a little rust unless it is rusted throw.
Motor and fan assy. easy to change the whole housing a lot more
cleaning of matting surfaces. Just my nickel's worth.

Since I bought the whole assembly I guess i will replace the entire thing. Should i try and remove the old appliance adapter? That is on with the RTV, the rest of the vent just has some tape on the joints. I should be able to twist off the vent from the appliance adapter from the outside right if I want to but another adapter? Thanks

IMG_9087.jpeg