US Stove 6041 Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grocho

Jan 22, 2013
Hi All, I am in my first full season running my pellet stove, which I believe is a US Stove 6041 (hopefully the picture makes it into the post). My only cause for question is that my control panel does not appear to be the one commonly shown on the internet. My control panel has 3 buttons in the bottom row (A,B,C) two in the next row (On, Off) then up and down arrows for Feed and blower above that. My question is, how do I work the Feed rate control? Instructions say, "Press A, then up or down to tweak the feed rate". This seems simple enough. However, if I am at 5 for feed and 5 for blower running normally, then press A, it will change to some preset values for feed and blower and then let me press the Feed up arrow until it says Feed: 4, Blower: 9. If I press A again, it will change those values to Feed: 0, Blower:8 and let me adjust again. If I press A again, it takes me back to the 5 and 5. What is going on here?

My other question, is if you can see them circled in the picture, there are 2 sets of 2 holes on the front of the pellet stove below the door and above the damper and clean out trays. They blow cool air out of them on my stove. What are they?

upload_2013-12-11_11-48-47.png

Holes are there to help circulate air in the body of the stove to hopefully keep the motors from cooking. Countryside has the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.