Used Ashby-good started pellet stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TriMom

Jan 29, 2013
Found used St. Croix Ashby from 2005 at what I think is a good price. Would you think it would be a good first pellet stove to start with? St. Croix reliability?

Anything special to look for in that year and model?

I did find a Harman Accentra insert but CL guy won't call me back so figure it sold and it is almost 3x the price of the Ashby.

We do have dealers and independent pellet repair folks in our area for most brands.

We have 3 fireplaces, and a wood burning stove. It would not heat our whole house but should help. The idea of two pellet stoves or inserts is what we are considering and buying used makes that more possible.

Not sure if it is the P pellet only or the MF multi fuel version. Other than fuel, is the quality and issues similar?

You sure it is an Ashby? I think it is a York if it is 2005. No experience with the Ashby but it was introduced as a more efficient version of the York. I have owned 2 Yorks and both were excellent stoves. Parts are readily available.

The woman doesn't know model. I looked at her photos and compared to St. Croix website. You are likely right. Glad to hear stove worked well for you and parts are easy to come by.

My husband likes the idea that is a cheapish option to try out the pellet route.

Status
Not open for further replies.