Using gas log fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaiah123

Nov 30, 2015
Fresno
I recently purchased a house with a gas log fireplace. It has a mertik maxitrol gv34 control system. I do not have the remote controller. Can I turn it on without the remote?

I'm not familiar with the specific control mentioned, but, I've not seen any that can't be operated without a remote. They usually have a 3 way switch, ON-OFF-REMOTE, wired to the gas valve.

I recently purchased a house with a gas log fireplace. It has a mertik maxitrol gv34 control system. I do not have the remote controller. Can I turn it on without the remote?
Forget the the log fireplace and get a linear burner. I just installed a Hampton Modern fire unit and its awesome!!! Huge flame and the $$ was 30% less than all other brands that I shopped!

Forget the the log fireplace and get a linear burner. I just installed a Hampton Modern fire unit and its awesome!!! Huge flame and the $$ was 30% less than all other brands that I shopped!

its not a 'gas log set' with a maxitrol valve!
probably a badass Valor...

OP, can you find a label with make/model info?
if so i'm sure we can help.
(or you can google for the owners book and operating instructions :) )

I'm not familiar with the specific control mentioned, but, I've not seen any that can't be operated without a remote. They usually have a 3 way switch, ON-OFF-REMOTE, wired to the gas valve.

probably not with this valve.
but yes it can be operated manually by first turning on the pilot manually and turning the valve to 'on'

Status
Not open for further replies.