ussc 8500 fresh air kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I will have to do something similar with my 6500 for an OAK.

As far as a hopper extension I have not found a pre-made one. My plan is to make one. Should be simple enough

For the OAK its not a direct line to outside air but a significant improvement. I didn’t fasten it solid to ash pan air intake so it may still pull some basement air but small amount. In photo you can see how I bent some wire to be a hanger. I had seen on the land air mechanical video how he has a burn pot extender but didn’t see the link. Post photos of the one you make and let us know how it works out.

6C16B884-BEC0-4D59-AFB9-2A3D06D74C8B.jpeg

For the OAK its not a direct line to outside air but a significant improvement. I didn’t fasten it solid to ash pan air intake so it may still pull some basement air but small amount. In photo you can see how I bent some wire to be a hanger. I had seen on the land air mechanical video how he has a burn pot extender but didn’t see the link. Post photos of the one you make and let us know how it works out.

View attachment 290042
I will post it when I do. It probably won't be until next fall though. Already have tons of other projects going. That is what happens when you buy a house that need a complete remodel.