USSC/AH 6500 first burn of the season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jeremy6500

Feeling the Heat
Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
I had been using my PP130 for a few weeks now when the temperature would drop, but had yet to fire up my USSC/AH 6500. Mainly because it doesn't have electric ignition and if the temperature during the day raises a bit then it will sweat you out....even on the lowest setting.

Figured the time was coming and it would be better to find any issue now instead of when it is 5* out and I need the stove to work.

Took it apart and gave it a good cleaning. Then fired it up and ran it on high for an hour or so. Always get that first hot burn of the season smell.
StoveBurning.JPG

After about an hour it had raised the temps in the back of the house 18*. Started at 60*. Turned it off at 78*. No issues found, so I hope it is an uneventful heating season.
Thermostat.JPG