USSC and other setting info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jeremy6500

Feeling the Heat
Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
FYI this thread has info about USSC/King/Ashley/American harvest setting. I did some searching for info and didn't find it, so I did my own experiment and am posting to help others. A couple of points:
1. My Stove is a AH6500. It IS NOT as stove. It is a furnace that is made to be hooked up to duct work. In general this means that that the air put out is lower in temp but higher in volume (mine had 2x800cfm blowers. please look at your stove and realize this is relative)
2. My unit is an older model and the intake is setup in a different way. If you have a different model that is a stove vs a furnace you can have a OAK. I recommend this if possible.

This is just data points to help you.

My stove/furnace info/settings:
1. Low pph feed rate set at 1.6
2. High pph feed rate set at 5

I took reading with my laser temp reading at the door, the plenum and the exhaust at different reading (PR1-PR3) after 30 minutes of running at each one..
PR2settings after 30 minutes.
1. Fire box temp on PR@ after 30 minutes
MedDoorTamp.JPG

2. Med Bonnet Temp

BonMed.JPG

3. Med Ehaust temp
ExhastMed.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Clamit
My low feed rate is set at 1.6. My high rate is set at 5..0. My low draft fan is set at 125 and my high draft fan is set at 375. The idea us ti keep more heat in the burn chamber.

Here is my current stove and exhaust setup. Not saying it is good, just saying it is what I had when I bought the property 2 winters ago.

ExhaustSetup.JPG

EhaustLow Rate.JPG

ExhaustHighRate.JPG

Reactions: Clamit and ARC
2CF4D9F3-B7D5-4E1B-A479-41A6152FF222.jpeg

Draft dampener open 1.5”

Maybe this info can help some others who are trying to get their stove setting working. These seem to work well for me.

My only concern is the exhaust temp. It seems to be a little higher than I have seen on other videos

Reactions: Clamit and ARC