V C Relliance 2220 or maybe Harmon parts querry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tbear853

Feeling the Heat
Hey y'all, posting some pics here, looking at the stove yesterday as cleaning it some, the crack is getting worse. Have a look, this is my 1992 Vermont Castings #2220, I know someone here knows. Might be a rebadged Harmon Accentra of the time? Good stove still, cleaned up nice again but the picture looks like it's very dirty.
I took the picture to show a crack I need to fix, I'd like to remove the part & take to shop for repair, but wonder if the 4 nuts are on studs or bolts that go through the back which will require a wrench to access back there? If studs, sure would make life easier. I know I'll need gaskets, likely can come up with material for them locally. My burn pot is different from one's I've seen on line.

Thoughts?

Knowledge?

Attachments

• stove parts  burn pot 800w - noted.jpg
    stove parts burn pot 800w - noted.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 134
  • stove burn pot (4) - noted.JPG
    stove burn pot (4) - noted.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 111
Maybe I found the answer? I've read that most of my stove is a Harman Accentra of equal vintage. I don't know, but I did find some pics online of Harman's Feed Unit that seems to match the drawing I posted in the prior post above. Looks like they used studs at the four points.

Any confirmation or comments?

If it's 4 studs, I can pull the burn pot easily, take it to my shop, weld to repair it, etc as needed, make a front "under burn pot cleanout" bigger while there & then re-install it pretty easily.

Question also … Gasket? What to use … cut gaskets … or … really high temp sealant?

Attachments

• Harman Accentra Feed Unit 1 - (640x624).jpg
    Harman Accentra Feed Unit 1 - (640x624).jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 94
  • Harman Accentra Feed Unit 2 - (640x640).jpg
    Harman Accentra Feed Unit 2 - (640x640).jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 79
I think you are correct, it should be studs welded to the plate.
Some PB Blaster or liquid wrench on the nuts would help loosen it up and make it easier to remove the weldment.
I would use flat fiberglass for the gasket with high temp silicone RTV to hold it in place.
Good luck
Bill

Reactions: tbear853
I think you are correct, it should be studs welded to the plate.
Some PB Blaster or liquid wrench on the nuts would help loosen it up and make it easier to remove the weldment.
I would use flat fiberglass for the gasket with high temp silicone RTV to hold it in place.
Good luck
Bill
Thank You Sir!

It's burning OK still
, but I've watched that crack for a couple of years open up, I know air drawn through the crack doesn't get pulled through the burning pellets so that has to affect combustion, plus the crack has grown. I've known I was gonna need to fix it, but this stove is heavy. I figured I'd have 4 bolts and have to take it all apart here in the living room to reach the bolt heads, OR weld it here in the living room with welding blankets, etc. Was just recently I was looking at pics on line & diagrams that I thought, "maybe they're studs". When it warms outside and I do my next shut down, I'll let it get cold, pull the weldment and go weld, grind, etc …. in my shop.

Last edited:
Harman (and others) make a gasket for your burnpot (#67 in your 1st pic), nothing needed to hold it place, the studs will do that for you, the feeder weldment should not get disturbed when you remove the burnpot; they run anywhere between $6-12 dollars depending on where you purchase.

Reactions: tbear853
If you wanted to hold off till warmer weather you could put a bead of stove cement over the crack . Then tear it down in the spring weld it and do the spring cleaning and your ready for next season ;)

Reactions: tbear853 and johneh
Harman (and others) make a gasket for your burnpot (#67 in your 1st pic), nothing needed to hold it place, the studs will do that for you, the feeder weldment should not get disturbed when you remove the burnpot; they run anywhere between $6-12 dollars depending on where you purchase.
Thank you.

Yes, I found it a couple days ago online & ordered one.

If you wanted to hold off till warmer weather you could put a bead of stove cement over the crack . Then tear it down in the spring weld it and do the spring cleaning and your ready for next season ;)
Good idea, I might just do that.

Thank you.