Vacuum Switch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

NH_ Pellet

Sep 13, 2023
NH
I have a 2006 Castile Insert. It appears somebody jumpered out two wires in the harness, so I was thinking they may have jumpered out the vacuum switch. I removed the vacuum switch and there are no electrical connections on this rectangular shaped switch. Only a nipple for the vacuum line. Not sure what was jumpered out, but what would be the point of a vacuum switch with no electrical connections?
thanks Tim

Can you show us a photo?

yes, attached are a top and bottom pic and it looks like it is missing a part?

DSCN3915.JPG DSCN3916.JPG

The switch would have been mounted in the rectangular hole on the box pictured.

You can use a DFS-221-112 as a replacement for the OEM.

Reactions: johneh
Excellent, thanks so much for the feedback on the OEM replacement and the manual download. I'll order a new vac sw.....very much appreciated

Hello,
Kevin here and a new member. Not to hijack this thread but I have a question about the vacuum switch. have a Yankee Lopi model pellet stove that is probably close to 20 years old. It has worked flawlessly for the most part. I have replaced the door seal and the auger motor 8-10 years ago. I cleaned the unit pretty well and started to burn this week. It whirled into action as I dreamed that it would. Used it sporadically for three days. Went to turn it on yesterday and All I heard was a hum. No fans, no auger, nothing. I checked for clogs and found none. I pulled the auger out along with the spindle and cleaned everything. Plugged the auger into the stove but out of the chute. Nothing. I checked for power at the electrical connections and no power. I bench tested the auger and it works fine. Plugged it back in and nothing. I read up and found that the vacuum switch is often the culprit. I bypassed the vacuum switch and the auger whirled into action. Put it together and filled the hopper. Turned it on and the auger spun and spit out pellets. But still no fans and the pellets did not ignite. Tried again with the heat and fans settings set to high. Nothing. So my question is will the bypassed vacuum switch cause the fans not to run? Seems odd that neither fan works suddenly. Can I bench test the fans the same way as the auger? Seems switch or electrical related to me.
Thanks in advance to my inquiry,

Kevin

I am not familiar with your stove.

Do you have any snap discs that need to be reset or a blown fuse? Do you have a wiring diagram for your stove? You can follow that to test for power at the different locations.

You may want to start a separate thread with your stove listed in the title. More people would see it that way.