Value and Information of old wood stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gator78

Apr 11, 2022
Michigan
I have an Eagle Model 40 wood stove that I cannot seem to get an information on. I do not need this stove and wondered what the value is.

It’s in great shape and seems to be well made.

B3DD86B0-B38D-4A2A-A8A4-FCBEDCB25537.jpeg B1122651-EA11-425A-883D-ECB473D683E5.jpeg 8759C2F8-8BBD-4ED6-A192-724E2C5FF9DF.jpeg

That's a big beast of a stove. It would make a good shop heater. Typically these oldies don't have high value, especially off season. Right now it might go as low as $150, but in peak season (Oct-Nov) it could go for $300 to an eager buyer.

Reactions: D. Hermit
That stove has some intresting features.

Cool old stove obviously pre EPA yet that upper baffle plate is only missing a secondary air tube array to bring it up to a more efficient burn.
Is it for sale?

With the split length it can burn, the possibility to heat water, and an early secondary burn approach (and bypass valve) I think you may try to get a bit more if it's in good shape.

Thanks, it is in great shape. It was hardly used.

I am looking to sell it since I do not really have a place for it but have not seen anything like it before.